The Road To Ren

Our adoption journey to our son Ren William.

Musings by Elaine and other Blitherings. This blog was origonally intended to document our China adoption journey to our son Ren. Now we are home and this blog is about our family. I would love to have you sign my guest book.

Scroll to bottom to see slideshow pictures.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Sat morning in China

I had trouble signing into my blog and could not post or download pictures. But here I am! We had a wonderful day at the Great Wall yesterday. It was sunny and cool, beautiful weather. Mark climbed the wall but Eden and I just went a short ways. She was very intimidated but the steepness and height. I was content to walk around with her and take pictures and enjoy the view. It was amazing to actually be there. Here are some pictures we took.























































































































Today we are going to an acrobat show, and then packing up to fly to Nanjing tomorrow! 2 days till we meet Ren! Mark is still under the weather, but feeling better. Eden is feeling much better also. We all came back and slept from about 3 in the afternoon till 4 AM this morning. We probably set ourselves backward as far as our jet lag goes, but Mark and Eden needed to rest. We love Beijing and experiencing all the city life here. We hope to get out and walk around the city today.

3 comments:

Rachel C. said...

I love the pictures. Mom, your hair looks awesome :) I love it. I hope dad and Eden start feeling better. I love you guys and miss you!

Rachel C. said...

oh yeah, and dad's chucks look pretty sweet on him :)

Heather said...

I agree with Rachel. You guys look great! I'm glad you're still able to explore the city even though Mark and Eden are a little under the weather. Did you know Billie has a high fever? What is it with China making people sick! Maybe Nanjing and meeting the kids will be the cure for everyone. I sure hope so.

Take care of yourselves and update often.