The Road To Ren

Our adoption journey to our son Ren William.

Musings by Elaine and other Blitherings. This blog was origonally intended to document our China adoption journey to our son Ren. Now we are home and this blog is about our family. I would love to have you sign my guest book.

Scroll to bottom to see slideshow pictures.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Rachel

In front of the Washington Monument
Rachel my oldest daughter came home for a nice long weekend to visit. She and her boyfriend Alex made the road trip up here from Georgia and we had a great time!

We had Mario Party tournaments and lots of good food all weekend. Mark made sure in a very Clydeques way that we were never hungry. We actually ate at Red Robin's AND Cold Stone Creamery all in ONE day. Oh where oh where is my treadmill.

Saturday we went downtown to DC and went to the National Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. Then walked to China Town for some awesome Mongolian Barbecue at Tony Cheng's. Did I tell you we ate ALL weekend.

I wanted to kidnap Rachel and keep her here, but she needs to graduate from college so I reluctantly let her return. Rachel and Alex are both engineering students. Here are a couple of pictures I borrowed from her.
Capital Building in the background
The Ocean exhibit at the Smithsonian




No comments: