The Road To Ren

Our adoption journey to our son Ren William.

Musings by Elaine and other Blitherings. This blog was origonally intended to document our China adoption journey to our son Ren. Now we are home and this blog is about our family. I would love to have you sign my guest book.

Scroll to bottom to see slideshow pictures.

Thursday, January 8, 2009


Well today is day 143 of our wait for our LOSC (letter of seeking confirmation). I have had days of emotional highs and days of emotional lows waiting on this little letter. Today is a good day. It is with great excitement that I wait for the phone to ring or even get an e-mail stating it has arrived. I figure that after 143 days of waiting we have to be on the tail end of this wait and it can't be long now. Sooo hopefully I will have some good news soon. In the mean time it is a good excuse to bump Ren's picture back up to the top of this blog so I can see his smiling little face. I love this picture a good friend took for me while in China. He just looks so sweet and guileless here. I can't wait to meet him!

The Chinese New Year is January 26th this year, maybe China will be working to get out letters out before they take their break for their holiday. This is the year of the Ox. Gung Hay Fat Choy!

4 comments:

shelley said...

Counting right with you sister....I know Jan. has to be our month. I love the pic of Ren. Such a sweet face.

Flamingo said...

i can't imagine how long you guys have waited. i am now on day 90 and i'm starting to lose it. everytime the phone rings i run for it. oh well...i should be in shape by the time this wait ends!

Mommy said...

Hoping good news comes your way very very soon!

Wuxi Mommy said...

If you want to join us Monday to drown your sorrows, there will plenty of coffee and donuts to go around!! Seriously. We would LOVE to have you. And Eden, too! Call me if you want to come visit:) The more, the merrier!